Westboro Monthly Meeting (Clinton County)
(Formerly known as Westfork Monthly Meeting)
(FUM ~ Wilmington College)
- 1826 ~ Westfork Friends request a meeting for worship for themselves and it is granted from Newberry Monthly Meeting. The old meetinghouse was a traditional Quaker meetinghouse with two doors and a shutter to separate men from women during business meetings. It had a gallery and a raised pulpit. It was located on Westfork Creek and had a cemetery, too.
- 1833 ~ Westfork Meeting for worship is recognized by Fairfield Quarterly Meeting.
- 1840 ~ Westfork becomes a Preparative Meeting.
- 1873 ~ After a revival an indulged meeting at Sycamore was established.
- 1884 ~ The Sycamore meetinghouse was built at the corner of Hunt and Sycamore Roads. Sycamore and Westfork Meetings comprised the Westfork Preparative Meeting.
- 1891 ~ The two preparative meetings request to unite and become a monthly meeting.
- 1895 ~ The old Westfork meetinghouse is dismantled and a new meetinghouse is built in Westboro.
- 1928 ~ Electric lights and a vestibule are added.
- 1971 ~ A complete renovation of the building is done.
- 1987 ~ A fellowship room is added.
- 1990 ~ The entrance was re-built.