Fall Creek Monthly Meeting ~ Hillsboro, Ohio (Highland County)
(FUM ~ Wilmington Yearly Meeting)
11345 Karnes Rd.
(between US 50 & OH 138)
7 miles E. of Hillsboro
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
- 1806 ~ Miami Quarterly Meeting authorizes a meeting for worship for "Friends of Fall Creek on the waters of Paint Creek".
- On July 7th, 1811 ~ Fall Creek Monthly Meeting was set off from Fairfield Monthly Meeting, also see, Old Fairfield Meetinghouse ~Highland County, Ohio. The original log cabin meetinghouse was located a half mile east and a hlafmile south of the present meetinghouse. The old Quaker cemetery is on the original site.
- 1877 ~ The present brick meetinghouse was dedicated. At this time, Fall Creek, Walnut Creek and Hardin's Creek meetings merged into Hopewell Monthly Meeting.
- 1901-1909 ~ A parsonage was built.
- 1920 ~ Fall Creek once again becomes its own monthly meeting.
- 1937 ~ A Sunday School room and basement were added to the meetinghouse
- 1964-1965 ~ A bathroom, kitchen and rest rooms were added.
- 1980 ~ New pews were added.