Spring Valley Monthly Meeting ~ Spring Valley, Ohio (Greene County)
Old Spring Valley Meetinghouse ~ Spring Valley, Ohio
Located at Mound & Water Streets
Now Spring Valley Baptist Church
- July 11th, 1811 ~ First mention of a request to establish the "Mendenhall Meeting" in the Caesar's Creek Monthly Meeting Meeting minutes. Names associated with the establishment of this meeting are: Mendenhall, Walton, Sanders, Stanfield, Anderson, Sexton and Ellis. The earliest site of the meeting was across from Richland School on Rte. 380 in Greene County.
- April 26th, 1822 ~ Mendenahall and Plum Grove Friends ask to have a single Meeting.
- February 26th, 1824 ~ The two combine and become "Richland Preparative Meeting", a preparative meetings of Caesar's Creek Monthly Meeting.
- 1828 ~ The Hicksite Separation does not divide this meeting and Richland Meeting is wholely "Orthodox".
- 1842 ~ The village of Spring Valley is laid out by the Waltons and the Barretts.
- 1875 ~ "Richland" Meeting moves into Spring Valley and becomes "Spring Valley Meeting".
- 1922 ~ The meeting became "Spring Valley Monthly Meeting".
- 2003 ~ Laid Down