Jamestown Monthly Meeting
Davis Street & U.S. 35
Jamestown, Ohio 45335
1812 ~ Meeting for worship begins in the home of Thomas Moorman in Silver Creek Township, Greene County. The meeting is named "Seneca" after "Seneca Preparative Meeting" of South River Monthly Meeting in Campbell County, Virginia.
1816 ~ A log cabin meetinghouse is built on the Samuel Johnson farm.
1824 ~ "Seneca" become a preparative meeting of Dover Monthly Meeting.
1836 ~ The log cabin meetinghouse is replaced by a frame structure. A schoolhouse is built nearby. There is a Quaker graveyard nearby.
1873 ~ Another meetinghouse is built at the corner of Washington Pike (US Rte. 35) and Heifner Road.
April 1884 ~ The meetinghouse is destroyed during the Jamestown "cyclone". The meeting decides to move into the village of Jamestown.
1910 ~ The meeting becomes Jamestown Monthly Meeting. Built the present brick meetinghouse (see photograph above).