Springfield Monthly Meeting ~ Adams Township, Clinton County, Ohio ~ Todd's Fork Road
· 1812 ~ First Meetinghouse built on present site. Springfield Preparative Meeting began 10th mo 1st, 1812.
· 1812 ~ Cemetery land given by Isaac Harvey.
· 1813 ~ First burial, Lydia Harvey.
· 1818 ~ Springfield Monthly Meeting was established, 11th mo. 14th, 1818. The first meeting was on 12th mo. 26th, 1818.
· 1819 ~ New meetinghouse built, brick 60 X 30 feet.
· 1821 ~ Indiana Yearly Meeting set off from Ohio Yearly Meeting.
· 1826 ~ Center Quarterly Meeting set off from Miami Quarterly Meeting.
· 1828 ~ The Hicksite Separation
· 1833 ~ Meetinghouse enclosed with planks.
· 1836 ~ More land purchased by David Curl.
· 1837 ~ Indian Mound leveled in cemetery.
· 1851 ~ New meetinghouse built by John Hadley, Jr.
· 1887 ~ Springfield Cemetery Association formed and chartered by the state.
· 1892 ~ Wilmington Yearly Meeting set off from Indiana Yearly Meeting (Orthodox)
· 1892 ~ Present meetinghouse was built.
· 1949 ~ Church remodeled.
Preparative Meetings of Springfield Monthly Meeting: Beech Grove (1873-1897), Clarksville (1846-1937), Odgen, also known as Lytle’s Creek (1817-1897), Olive Branch (1894-1921) and Pleasant Grove (91891-1898).
RECORDS & REFERENCES: SPRINGFIELD MONTLY MEETING:
· Meeting minutes are in the Quaker Archive at Wilmington College: Microfilm, SLC 68539, -49-53, 477204-05, 974069-70, 1020416.
· A Testimony of Miami Monthly Meeting of Friends Concerning Joseph Cloud : Concerning Some Account of His Early Religious Exercises, Left By Him in Manuscript & Includes Testimony of Springfield Monthly Meeting Concerning Caleb Harvey (Richmond, Ind.: T.J. Larsh, printer, 1832).
· Quaker Historical Collections: Springfield Friends Meeting, 1809-1959, Near Wilmington, Clinton County, Ohio. Compiled by Committee: Lucile F. Hadley and others (Wilmington, Ohio: Springfield Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends: Clinton County, Ohio), 1959.
Also, see map: Map of Quaker Meetinghouses
One of the subordinate meetings of Springfield Monthly Meeting was Clarksville Preparative Meeting (1846-1937), see photograph below: